What Injuries Are Common From a Dog Bite in Phoenix?
A dog attack can cause a wide range of injuries. Factors that may impact the severity of a dog bite injury include the size and type of dog, the victim’s circumstances, the duration of the dog attack, and prompt medical treatment for a dog bite. Typical dog bite injuries our Phoenix dog bite lawyers handle include:
- Lacerations and Puncture Wounds
- Scarring and Disfigurement
- Facial Injuries
- Broken Bones and Fractures
- Brain Injuries and Head Trauma
- Nerve Damage
- Injury to Tendons, Ligaments, and Muscles
- Secondary Infections
- PTSD, Depression, and Other Emotional Trauma
Dog bite victims may sustain permanent disability because of a dog bite injury. In some cases, a dog bite may result in life-threatening infections, such as staph, tetanus, capnocytophaga, rabies, and Pasteurella. Furthermore, dog bites can result in debilitating emotional distress. Children attacked by dogs can regress in development, including school and social development.